Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Montessori activities at home!

In the last few days, I was looking online for Montessori activities I can do with my 20 months old tot. I found so many ideas that I can use materials from around the house to make them. I made yesterday a sorting tray that helps kids to differentiate colors and shapes. It was easy and fun!

Materials needed: 

1. Back of snack box (I didn't have card stock) 
2. Markers 
3. Scissors 
4. Pencil 
5. Snack tray ( I already have it in the kitchen) 

1. Cut the side of snack box to open it 


2. Trace the shapes using a pencil like circle, star, circle and square on the back of the box 



3. Cut the shapes using scissors 


4. Color the shapes in different colors and put in the tray ... voila!! Enjoy your time with your toddler. 



I recommend to laminate the shapes because my tot loves to put things in her mouth :) 

My tot doesn't get the idea of this game yet but I will try to work on it every day. 

Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment